Friday, September 17, 2010

Wendell Rockwell Robertson

Rockwell or Rock for short came on Monday the 13th @ 12:35 pm. He weighed 5lbs. 4oz. and was 19 inches long. (pretty big for coming 6 weeks early) He is in the NICU unit at the hospital stil,l but doing well. His lungs look good, he was on a c-pap (forced air) for only 5 hours. He has a billy blanket on him right now for Jaundice, but looks good to me! He has an IV in his head and that makes him look pretty bad. I am now getting to feed him 4 times a day/night. He is back up to his birth weight (I'm not sure what he got down to but is back up!) He has a dimple on his right side for sure and not sure about the left one. He still has a tube down his throat for feedings that is taped to his left cheek-I will find out when that is gone!
Thank you everyone for being there, & helping out with my other kids --HEATHER, JAYLN, & BECKY. I am grateful for all the phone calls and support I have received. I don't know why I am asked to go through this again but I do recognize that Heavenly Father always has a plan.
I want to share something so close to me-just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes. When I was in the delivery room, I was on pit (my first time, yes I felt those contractions) I had just received an epidural and everything was going so fast that I was progressing faster then the relief could come, I felt my mom next to me. She was standing right by my side, I looked around because I wanted so bad to just see her. I didn't, but just the same, she was there and I felt her so strong. I started to cry and the nurse was feeling bad for me because she thought it was the pain. It was... just a very good kind of pain. I love the Lord's plan of happiness and know one day I will get to not only see my mom but hug, kiss, talk, laugh...with her as much as I want to.

6 comments:

nate_clarlaw said...

Congrats Ryan & Mindy! I'm so glad that he's doing well! Love you guys!

Nellie said...

Mindy, I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations, Rock will be in our prayers. I can't wait to see pictures of him. That was such a sweet story of your Mom. Of course she was there-I have no doubt-I'm sure she will be looking after baby rock. We love you!

Debi said...

Hi!!! Congrats! My friend had a baby 6 weeks early while I was visiting you and she was 3#! Crazy! He is a big boy. I am glad that all is going well. You both look great. I can't wait to meet Rock. Your mom is so proud of you.....she must have known she needed to be with you after finally feeling contractions! Love you and glad all is ok. Debi

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Oh Mindy... you just brought tears to my eyes!!! I'm so glad Rock is doing good!!!! You are truly blessed with such beautiful children :) Love you

Becky and Paul said...

MINDY, IT WAS A HONOR TO COME AND BE WITH YOU LAST WEEK. BABY ROCK IS VERY LUCKY TO COME INTO A HOME WITH SO MUCH LOVE. LOVE YOU AND I AM HERE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING. REST AND ENJOY YOUR BABY. LOVE BECKY

CHERISE AND MARTY said...

congrats, i love the name of course, i hope you are all doing well, we will keep you in our prayers. i have to agree, that it will be nice to have a hug from our mom's!! love ya, auntie c