Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day 2009


Our 4th is full of activities, food, friends/family, & fun! We started out at the scout breakfast in Dietrich, Porter helped serve this year! Then off to the Rupert parade. Addie was in it this year playing her violin.


I wanted to do something patriotic this year and I had each of our kids learn something to take part in the program. Aleigh was suppose to say "Happy 4th of July"-I helped her! Raygn led us in the pledge of allegiance, Porter said the preamble, & Addie recited the Gettysburg address. I read the Declaration of Independence, Colleen and I sang the National Anthem. I wanted to do something that would remind us of all we had and why we have it. It was touching to me, I'm not sure what everyone else thought but since it was at my house I decided to go ahead with it!


The kids each got a box of poppers and a tank to race!


At dark everyone got sparklers and then the show began! The guys love lighting them off. It is fun to sit back and watch who will try to light just one more! Great job Ryan, I love you! I love this country and the freedoms I enjoy. I hope I can stand up for the right things and be a patriot just like our founding fathers. Let us never forget what it took to get the freedoms we enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

That's a good idea to actually learn a lil' about America on the Fourth of July! I was really hoping for a picture of your guys' new deck-I still haven't seen it.

Kristy said...

That is so Awesome Bug. You are so amazing! Preston loved it too!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Wow, you're so patriotic, Mindy!

Perry Bunch said...

Hi Mindy Hey love your new picture on top of your blog. Hey my blog is private now. I need your e-mail address. You send it to schoochibutt@aol.com. Hope you are having a great summer.