Monday, September 24, 2012

Thoughts....I would like to share with my DAD!

 Aleigha has a special bond with her Grandpa Kent.

My dad has never liked to take pictures but he would let us take some the older he got. Thanks Dad!
 
 Dad came to spend the day with us at Bear Lake.  He doesn't even like water he just liked to hang out with us!
Today I want to put down a few thoughts I have had the past few days.  I talked to a friend today and she said something to me that was so very kind.  She said I know people that are like your dad and they are not bad people. She said other things as well but I know my dad is not a bad person.  I Know all the things he has taught me over the course of, well...33years haven't changed.  I know he loves me.  I know he was the kind of dad anyone would loved to have had.  I know he has always done what he thinks is right. I have always loved and been close to him.  I have felt bad watching him struggle over the years but he has never felt bad about what he was doing.  He always loved to milk his cows and continue to breed excellent registered holsteins!  I want to call and talk to him about the BYU vs BSU football game.  I could have teased him a little! Asked him what happened and he would break it all down for me. I have been wanting to tell him how Raygn has been playing on the line in football and even playing center a little bit. (thats what dad played) I would love to have told him how tough Porter is.  Last week in football in the 1st quarter he got hit in the ribs with someone's helmet.  At half time I said he looked like he was hurting.  With 2-3minutes left in the 4th quarter, Porter pulled his helmet and shoulder pads off holding his ribs.  He had played the whole game hurt. (we took him in, his ribs are bruised) Dad loves when kids are that tough. He would have told me a story about when he played or when Lonz was young and played with a broken hand? (I think it was his hand) I want to see my dad again and spend time with him.  As the only parent I have left he means so much to me. There are so many things I still want to do with him.  Dad I love you!!

3 comments:

Debi said...

Keep up the memories, Mindy. I remember you telling me your mom wrote you letters to all her kids before she died. I think she was a genius. It is something you can always have and I think that blogs are even better because it is out there for your dad to read even if you can't get it to him. I hope he takes the chance to read all that you write. Love you Mindy!

Jami said...

Mindy- I havent checked your blog in awhile and did today and was glad to see posts about your dad! I sure do hope that he reads them and if he doesnt I sure do home you have the courage to keep writing things down for him (on the blog, or a private "dad" journal! I sure do Love ya friend and hope the best for you and your dad!!! I have been meaning to call ya or text to see if you have heard anything! I hope you have but if not, keep your chin up...He is out there thinking of ya I am sure of it!!

Jami said...

*hope not home