Sunday, November 23, 2008

Grandmother Hernandez


My Grandmother Hernandez came to visit, we took flowers out to the cemetery, cooked up a storm, (I didn't even get pictures of everything we made) and got to hang out with her. She is 86 years old and can't see very good, doesn't speak any English (well about as much Spanish as I speak) so we laugh a lot and call Lonz, Cory, or Maria to interpret. I love her so much I'm glad that she comes to see us every year.
It is so good to spend time with her learning how to cook some Mexican dishes!! -now I just need to do it more often!
I love you Grandmother!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

she is so cute! And where was our invite to eat all that yummy looking food? We expect you to make all of that at the next get together MIndy!

jeff and char said...

she is so cute, i am glad you guys got to spend time with each other, that green stuff looked really good, i bet she had fun cooking with you guys!

Van Tassell Family said...

What a cute little thing she is!! That is pretty neat you get to do things like that with your grandma.

Nellie said...

Colleen told me all about her. 86, I'm amazed....I want to learn the Mexican dishes!

Colleen said...

Abuelita is so cute! I love all your pictures and wish I could have been there. We are going to set up a time that she can teach me and Aunt Lennie how to make tortillas!! Thanks for coming and spending the day with me! Love ya!!