Sunday, May 17, 2009

Famous Idaho potato Marathon


Waiting for the start!


Ready. Set. Go...after about 35 sec. or more we crossed the starting line.


I ran the 1/2 Marathon in Boise yesterday with my friend Dolly. I placed 19 of 111 in our age group. I ran it in 1:52:09, I felt really good and am a little sore, stairs are hard, but NO VOMITING!!! If you know me, I do that often after I run, this time I was in better shape and felt good. Dolly is so tough and at 4 miles she started feeling blisters on her feet. At 6 miles she started to slow down a little and she told me to keep going. She finished and had about 6 or 7 blisters on her feet with one popping and bleeding. She is so tough. We have been running together once a week for about a month and a half. She is a good running partner, she placed 49th of the 111 & had a time of 2:08. Thanks Dolly that was fun!


We went down the night before and we were so nervous we had a hard time sleeping. We were talking and then my dad (who came with us last minute) kept waking me up with his snoring. We finally did get to sleep & were up/awake by 5:30/6:00. Thanks dad for driving us to the start and taking pictures of us!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME job you two!!!!! I wish I could have done that... but I would have been walking most of the way... WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! (poor dolly's feet!)

Jami said...

YOU GO GIRLS.....;)!!!

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Dang Mindy! You did really good in the race! That's awesome!

Kristy said...

You're AWESOME Bug!! That is neat that you are doing so many races this summer!! I wish I could do them with you! Maybe next year we can run one together in AZ!! :D

Aaron & Nancy said...

This is awesome...I didn't know you and Dolly were running a 1/2 marathon. Poor Dolly! I can't believe she finished with all of those blisters! You guys are great! I ran one a few years ago and started crying when I ran into the stadium, I was so happy to finish!

Cindy said...

You are my hero Mindy!!