Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yard work & 4-h pigs


We are building a deck & fixing the windows in our kids bedrooms downstairs. Ryan was digging out around the windows, and planning out how things were going to look. Logan wanted to stop for some lunch...(cereal) so Case and Aleigha joined him!! Thanks for sharing Logan.


We needed to weigh the 4-h pigs to see where they were. I let the kids take my bathroom scales out there but the pigs were to big for them, they had to call Ryan to come help. He just lifted them up by their hind legs and stood on the scales. They are growing fast, eating a lot of feed. We only have one bag of feed left so I was telling the kids that I would get them more, (I needed to know where they wanted me to get it.) They called around to see what everyone's prices were. Porter called a few stores and this is what he would say. "Hi this is Porter, I am in 4-h, can you tell me how much your pig feed is?" It was really cute to listen to him. They would usually ask him if he wanted grower or starter and he would ask them if they gave him the 4-h discount! I thought that was a good experience for him. Now we know where to get pig feed!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

Lil' Aleigha looks like a true farm girl with her messy hairdo! She is so dang cute! I can't help but smile when I see pictures of her! And good job Port! Way to get the best deal around!

Becky and Paul said...

THE PICTURE OF LOGAN AND THE KIDS WATING CEREAL IS PRICELESS!!!!