Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sawtooth Relay 2009


Here is my team-Me, Eric ?, Sara & Cody Mecham, Lane & (his 15 yr. old daughter) Charmaine Kirkland. 62 miles, 4:30 a.m. start time, rain, fog, wind, a lot of road, Galena summit to climb and a 10 hour finish! I only did it because I knew it would be good training for next weekend's BIG BAD WASATCH BACK RELAY!


I ran leg 2 & 8 the first one was 5.83 miles uphill and the 2nd one was 5.09 downhill. I ran a 8.30 pace on the first leg and 8.15 on the downhill. It was fun but I was so glad to be done running my legs and almost be done running for this year! The scenery was so pretty with the clouds, fog, & dawn approaching I was wishing I had my camera with me as I ran to take some pictures.


I thing all of us had to run at least one leg in the rain and some of us ran both in the rain. We were trying to decide if we would rather run in the rain or the heat? What would you prefer?


I met these two that morning. It is always fun meeting new people and sharing an experience together. Lane is from Carey and is the head football coach, in the Bishopric with Dan Parke and the TRACK COACH! Next time he will train more!!
There is one more collage that I can't get on here of the other two runners...anyone know how to get more then four collages on at once?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kristy said...

More running! I love it. You are awesome, those are good times! Good job!!

Debi said...

Hey Mindy,
I will be there soon. Next month I think is the first I will be in Dietrich. I go to Pocatello on June 23 and then to Yellowstone, California, and then to DIetrich. I will let you know when I get there. Should be around July 13th. Good job on the race. It looked like fun. here in VA if it was raining it still would have been hot but I think the humidity would have taken you out. Way different then home. See you Debi

Jami said...

Mindy- Your so awesome....Maybe one of these years I will run with you...HAHA...yeah right....I dont have the power it takes to do it....GOOD FOR YOU!!! Im proud of ya ;)!!!

The Nelson's said...

wow!! that is so awesome.. i can bearly run one mile without collapsing.. we missed ya this weekend.. hopefully we will see ya next time..

Nellie said...

wow I am so impressed! I hate running so I admire anyone that loves it! Way to go............