Sunday, June 21, 2009

WASATCH BACK RELAY 2009


I AM DONE!! 188 miles, 12 teammates, 3 legs each, 2 vans, LOTS of running, very little sleep! Sound like fun to anyone? (the things we call fun) This year was hard long runs for me. I had a 3.83 uphill leg at 5 p.m., a 7.3 pretty flat leg @ 3 a.m., & another 7.3 downhill leg (with 3 hills to climb on my way down) @ 12:30 p.m. I ran just over 18 miles total, NO PUKING!!
We had it all this year sun, rain, and wind. I like the night run the best, it is cool (even though I am scared of the dark) I can't see the road ahead of me so I just keep running.





It is always fun to do...I think for sure when I am done!!!! Meeting lots of new people-who are just a crazy as we are! Just the excitement of it all is well... exciting, exhilarating, and fun? It must be, I keep doing it. I run because I have to have a goal, I can't just run to run, I am way to competitive for that!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Colleen said...

That is seriously so awesome Bug! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Love you!

Kristy said...

Bug, I love it! You are my hero!!! You are doing so good, getting faster!!!! You're awesome!

Cindy said...

You are an animal!! Way to go!

nate_clarlaw said...

Wow - that's awesome... were you & Sam on the same team? We know a couple people who ran and all I can say is you're all CRAZY, but secretly I'm just jealous because I would love to have that kind of discipline!! Congrats!

Nellie said...

You are incredible! I am so sad we missed you. I didn't realize that some of the run was on our street. Next year ya better come and stay. Congratulations!!