Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mingo Funeral 8-18-09


Have you ever seen 3 hurst's lined up with 3 men in one family? Ron, Jed, & Jordan Mingo were all honored & remembered today. What an amazing funeral it was. Three caskets, three sets of casket bearers, three life sketches, three dedicatory prayers...I do have a headache from crying. Not because I don't know where they are, but because I will miss them. (Jed was a friend of my brothers for years, he was like family.)

Shelley Jordan's wife (we grew up together as step sisters) was AMAZING. She did half of his life sketch. Jordan will leave 3 young kids behind. Right after the dedicatory prayers were given someone came and buzzed the cemetery...Jed loved to fly & that is how they passed away in an airplane crash. It was touching, I saw Shelley put her hand to her mouth, the memories and emotions it must have brought to her...I love you Shelley.

Shelley and her 3 cute little kids. Jed's casket bearers, and a white balloon from all the grand kids to grandpa Mingo. They will all be missed. It was a bitter/sweet day. Lots of friends...of all ages where there today. I am thankful I know of Gods plan of happiness and know where & what is going on after this life is over.

Jed was someone that made you feel special when you were near him. He was so fun and full of life. I knew the other 2 and love the whole Mingo family, Jed was with Lonz all the time so I knew him the best. He has been to many family outings! He was a year older then me in high school and dated one of my best friends through high school. He is such an awesome person.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I love your post Bug! I love those Mingo's too! What a great family!! I am also grateful to have a knowledge of our Savior's plan. He really does love us so much to give us the opportunity to be with those we love again someday. I love you!!! Thanks for being such a great sister!!

Jami said...

I read about this in the newspaper and was heartbroken for that family! I didnt realize that you knew them so well!!! It makes me want to tell everyone that I love them so much cause a person never knows when it is there turn!!! I love you Mindy!!! My heart goes out to this special family!!!