Saturday, August 29, 2009

A trip to the Pomerelle Cabin


This was such a fun time! Ryan asked me yesterday if I wanted to go take the kids up to Pomerelle for the day, I haven't been to the cabin for YEARS. Of course I said yes. We loved the double seater! The zip line was fun, but...

It was this rope swing that was the bomb! I got blisters on my hands from going on it so much. All the kids loved it & kept calling turns of who they were after. We would run and jump off the dirt and swing out and back around (not sure if that makes any sense) but lots of fun. Porter was the only one who sat on it.

I made my kids sit to take a few pictures because I am always taking pictures but never seem to get all four of them together. We even got one family picture!

We stopped at Paul & Becky's to get a key and still couldn't get in...until the kids were dying to get in and just kept trying the key and it worked! We went in and looked around, sat on the couches -(all vintage!) played 3 games of chess, I did beat Porter 2 of the 3 games we played but he pointed out that he killed my king with his Pawn, ate our lunchables (that the kids were so excited about, I guess we haven't got them for awhile) & read the scriptures! It was so fun I don't know why we don't go there more often. It is so CLOSE.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jami said...

How FUN!!!

Kristy said...

Fun!! I didn't even know they had a cabin there!

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

How fun!!! I think we're going to try to go up there this weekend with the kids for Labor day. There will probably be someone at the cabin though, but hopefully we can at least swing once!!!

Colleen said...

That looks awesome!! What a fun idea!! and I LOVE all the super cute pictures!!

Becky and Paul said...

I AM WITH YOU WE NEED TO GO UP THERE MORE. IT IS SO PEACFUL AND BEAUTIFUL. I AM GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO GET AWAY. LOVE YOU MOM

Aaron & Nancy said...

I have to show your blog to my son Justin - he is totally into ziplines and will be so jealous! Fun!