Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday

We found a church a little over a mile away! It made me want to cry when I walked into the chapel and I could feel the spirit. It is so good knowing that we can go anywhere in the world and find people just like us, trying their best to do what they know is right. I have felt like the German people aren't really that friendly, we didn't feel that way at church today. When I was leaving a lady came and gave me a hug and asked where we were from, she wanted to send her regards to Idaho:)  There are lots of people who spoke English and they have the equipment to translate for us, it was great. In R.S. One of the sister missionaries translated for me, while texting a Chinese lady that was right next to her with the translator app on her phone, because she only spoke Chinese. In Sunday school we sat next to a man from the states who told us what everyone was saying. One of the elders is from Blackfoot! There was 4 elders and 2 sisters. The church was built similar to those I am familiar with, except it had glass doors on the outside as well as going into the chapel. The floors are all tile but the chapel. The benches in the chapel had a replaceable padded carpeting that was velcroed to the back and bench. 
  Ryan did good this was his longest outing, a little over four hours. After church they had a ward potluck and everyone invited us to stay! One of the members that is from the states gave us a ride home. Ryan took a nap, got up for a little while & is napping again! His stomach is very sore, he said it is giving him the most pain right now. He is ready to be better already & come home:) 4 more days! -if you know Ryan that is a long time:)
 Last night Porter had his last football game and idahosports.com broadcasted it, how cool is that? We got to watch the game from Germany that was played in Dietrich, Idaho! They did have a rough game, they are not going to the finals next week. What tough boys they all are. 

3 comments:

Jami said...

That is so cool Mindy! Good luck on the trip home! I am sure you are both excited!

Unknown said...

So awesome! I think it is amazing how you can find an lds church almost anywhere, so glad you were able to go I hope Ryan keeps improving and know he will be happy to be home! So cool you got to watch the game cya soon love ya char

Cindy said...

Wow I can't believe you only have 4 days left!! I am sure it has gone faster for us than the two of you!