Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hidden Valley style...Block Party!


So I have been wanting to have a "block" party all summer and it just hasn't worked out, so Sunday at church we had a high council man come and he talked about being a good neighboor! He asked us if we were to ask our neighbors what the mormons were like would they even know us? I looked at Ryan (because again just saturday night we were talking about having the party, he didn't want to this year) and told him I was going to do it. So there you have it! I remember having these when I was growing up and we had so much fun. We had a really good turn out and lots of fun. We want to make this an annual event.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jeff and char said...

how fun, hmm how big is your block, ha ha ha ! you could call it a mile party i guess, cya thursday!!!!

Jackson & Trish Whitehurst said...

I love this! I wanted to do the same thing to get to know our neighbors! You inspired me Mindy, but ours will really have to start next year! We need to do some work in our yard before we can host a party! Good job though being an example!